Friday, March 6, 2020

End of Year Recap Part II

Hello again!

It's been more than three months since I posted the first part of my recap of 2019. This is the second part. School has been hard.

Noxubee Wildlife Refuge

One weekend, my dad came up to MSU to hang out, and we passed some of the time at Noxubee Wildlife Refuge. Even though a lot of it was under water, we still enjoyed it. If you're ever in Starkville or anywhere nearby, Noxubee Wildlife Refuge is definitely worth visiting. 
Agalinis sp. (?) 
Unknown



Clockwise from top: Oncometopia orbona (broadheaded sharpshooter), Tipulid (crane fly), Acris sp. (cricket frog), and moss.



More Macros

I also had time to take some miscellaneous macro pictures.



Clockwise from top: Araneus marmoreus (marbled orbweaver,) Arilus cristata (wheel bug), Anisomorpha buprestoides (southern two striped walkingstick), and A. marmoreus again.


Art

Despite college's best efforts, I did a bit of art in 2019. 

Alypia octomaculata (eight spotted forester moth). Colored pencil and graphite.

A Eumorpha pandorus sphinx moth I drew for my high school art teacher.



Mississippi Woodland Nursery

Also, I did a thing, i.e., I started a plant-selling business. Kinda. As of right now, I've mainly just been giving out things for free, but that isn't a good business strategy, so eventually I'm going to have to start charging. But, anyway, please check out my website. (You won't be able to google it because I haven't paid Wix anything yet, but you should be able to follow the link.)


Thanks for reading!
I'm just about to go on a Spring break vacation to Blue Ridge, Georgia, so hopefully I'll have some material to post about then!

No comments:

Post a Comment